Thursday, January 5, 2012

I've read and reviewed, Get a Clue by Jill Shalvis

5 of 5 stars

So far I haven't read a Jill Shalvis book that I didn't like. I've liked them so much, that I'm going to go out and get every book she's written that I haven't read. What I love about her books is that there is a good story, a zany cast of characters, humor, and plenty of sexy times. It's not overly done, like in some books, but provides the perfect balance with every story.

In this book, Breanne is left at the alter- for the third time. Not letting a good honeymoon go to waste, she treks it up to the mountains to enjoy the week alone. Or so she thought. Cooper's quit his job and at the insistance of his brother, takes a week vacation to a ski resort in the mountains. Things become interesting when Breanne walks into HER honeymoon suite, browsing the goodies left by the staff (a one pink vibrator left for her disposal, and firmly grasped in her hand) when she hears water running from her shower. Who should be there? But Cooper himself. Seems the hotel overbooked THEIR room. And both being hard headed and stubborn, neither wants to give up the room but neither can leave the resort because of an impending storm.

But this is where the story gets good. Not only do we have a case of two lonely people locked in a house with each other, we also have them locked in with a killer! The hotel manager ends up dead and the only people who could have done it (excluding Cooper and Breanne because they were a little indisposed *ahem ahem*) are Shelly- the cook, Dante- the butler, Latinva- the maid, or Patrick- the handy man. Or is there another person in the house?

Totally worth the read if you like a good sexy romance with a little bit of a mystery thrown in.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you love Jill Shalvis' books! She is one of my most favorite authors. If mac and cheese is a comfort food then Jill Shalvis is "my" comfort author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You almost got a text from me yesterday asking you for other authors like her! Seriously, I love her stuff. I also have the first of the Rough Riders in my queue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to love the Rough Riders series. Lorelei James is another favorite of mine! Her books are scorching hot!

    ReplyDelete