Monday, January 2, 2012

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new...year. Welcome 2012!

Well, another year has passed and a new one has arrived. Welcome all...to 2012.

I've had this blog for about a year now and I haven't done too much with it. Sure, at the beginning of last year I kept it up a little bit, but as the year went on, so did my drive to actually...


For those of you not as pop culturized as myself *ahem ahem* that was the infamous scene from Say Anything. Kind of like how I've abandoned this blog. I forgot to say things more than once a quarter. So here I am, a new year and a new outlook on life.

So why the new outlook? I'm not totally sure. I woke up with an epiphany. I'm an adult. Holy 401K Batman! When did that happen? I mean, I know I'm an adult; I'm 31 years old, I own a house, two cars- even a kid- but for realz, when did this happen? So in all, I honestly have no idea. Maybe it was the beaken of early morning sunlight shining down from the second story of my brother in-law and sister in-laws house this morning that made me see the light. Whatever it was, I realized that I can make things happen. Me! Little ole me. I can do anything I want! I'm a grown up! I don't have to ask my parents permission. I don't have to wait for anything.


And that's exactly what I plan to do in 2012. And that brings me to my new years resolution.


Hahahaha...really though. My resolution is to make things happen. Not just one thing, but a whole butt load of things! Because why? I'm an adult and I say I can!

So here's my outlook for 2012. Not a resolution, but an outlook. First things first...


*smiles sheepishly* Yeah, I totally wrote 50,000 words back in November. But that's not all. I wrote a whole book. A. Book. In one month. Then I spent the month of December editing that book. Why would I do this? Um...because I could and now that I have, *sings The Carpenters*, we've only just begun. The book, still safely saved in my Toshiba laptop, is now in the hands of someone I trust to read the things I've written and provide me with the most honest feedback for someone who wants to see this novel actually leave my laptop and be bound with glue. Or as an epub in a reading device. I don't discriminate. I own a Nook.

Regardless, I'm going to spend this new year working my tail off to try and get this thing published. How am I going to do that? With a lot of work. I believe in myself so I think I can do this. Even if I don't, the fact that I wrote a book is more than a lot of people can say. And in the meantime, I'm not going to stop. I'm going to write a second book and I may or may not wait until November to do it again. What's stopping me from doing it in March? I'm an adult. I can say when I can write. And write I will.

Secondly, I've got a great outlook that this year, I will do so many projects around my house. I'm going to paint a chalkboard on my laundry room door. I'm going to get a four section laundry basket for my bathroom closet. I'm going to master my Cricut machine. I'm going to, I'm going to, I'm GOING TO! Because I can.

Next, I'm going to better myself. If that means I'm going to lose weight, then so be it. But it's more than just wanting to lose weight. I want to eat better. I want to exercise. Okay yeah, I want to maybe be a little thinner than I am. I want to rock a two piece bathing suit this summer with a rock hard stomach.

And lastly, I want to be the best person I can be to my husband, my son, my parents, my family, and my friends.

So 2012, I welcome you! I'm ready for this. For the first time in my life, I feel empowered to do things and actually DO them. And to you reading this, I invite you to join me on this journey. This blog? It's not just one aspect of my life- it is my life. Follow me as I try to publish a book (and I promise not to sugar coat anything. If I send off query letters and I get rejected, I won't feel ashamed, I'll feel determined to send out more), be a wife and a mother, and most importantly, just be myself.

And not only that, but I'm going to read more. I read a lot last year and I want to keep that pace. I've challenged myself to read 50 books this year. It may not seem like a lot, but considering I have no idea how many I read last year, it's an attainable goal for myself. But not only will I read books, I'll even blog about them! In no way am I a book blogger, but I feel that if I review the books I've read, then it'll help me keep this blog from seeing more than just 5 posts all year.

Until I write again...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Holly, take a look at this article about epub books. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204770404577082303350815824.html?mod=WSJ_hp_editorsPicks_2

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete