Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The greatest kid ever! And I do mean ever!

So I kind of have this kid. He's kind of a rock star in my eyes. He's sweet, energetic, has the biggest brown eyes and the best smile. The longest eye lashes you've ever seen. He's pretty awesome. Albeit, he's a holy terror at times, then again, what 4 year old isn't? Regardless, he's mine and I think he's the best thing ever. I mean, really? Look at this kid!

How could you possibly not think he's the cutest ever?

Then there was the too cute conversation between him and his BFF Ayden this morning as they walked to school. It went like this.

Hayden: Hey, what's that toy?
Ayden: Optimus Prime (in a voice that said, duh!)
Hayden: I got rescue bots from Santa!
Ayden: What kind?
Hayden: Rescue Bots!! You need to come to my house & play. I live in Shreveport.
Ayden: Hey, you want to go look at the fish?
((Hayden and Ayden ignore the fish to run down the hall laughing the whole way))

These two...

Are going to give me and Candace a run for our money. Ladies men? Oh no doubt. Troublemakers? For sure. But aren't they cute? They really, really are.
But, this post isn't about how amazing I think my child is or how every other kid annoys me to no end but yet, I some how have the patience to deal with my own kid, or those that are of blood relation to me. Then again, those kids aren't even talking yet so they haven't begun to feel the wrathful stare of Aunt Holly. Watch out Cole, Lainey, and Haley. But remember, Aunt Holly loves you and Uncle Stephen will always be scary- or hiding behind his cell phone and it'll be when you're fifteen that you even realize that you have an Uncle Stephen.

No, this post is about another websites blog entry that appeared on my Facebook feed earlier. Before I even read the article, the picture is what made me stop and do a double take.



For realz. When I saw it I thought, Holy time machine Marty McFly! They've gone into the future and taken a picture of my kid and my dad! In case you need a comparison, here's Hayden and his pap-paw.


He's already so affectionate!

I mean, that could totally be my dad in another twenty years! Then...THEN I read the article.

Because People Might Think We're Dating, And Other Reasons My Grandfather Doesn't like Hugging Me.

(I'll pause so that you can read the link above).


Done? Great.

It's so my kid. This guy, is my kid, in twenty years. And I could totally see my dad pulling something like this when old age sets upon him. Notice I said, when. I don't think my dad is old at all. In fact, in my eyes, my dad will never get old. But he might get cranky...when he gets older.

A few things from the above article that made me go, "yeap, I can totally see Hayden saying that."

Up until then, I had been all right with my Nonno’s inability to touch me. I assumed that it was an old-person thing, being frail and whatnot. It now dawned on me that the actual issue was our gender. I should have realized it sooner with how openly affectionate he is to my female cousins, pleading for their hugs and kisses! And they’re totally pretty enough to be hookers! But this, unfortunately, was never an issue of “who’s prettier” (me) – it’s about how terrified men are in our culture to show affection towards one another.
Why can I see my kid saying something like that? Because not only do I think I'm the prettiest, my brother and I are in constant battles on who is the favorite. (Duh, me). So if Hayden is anything like me (and even though he's this social butterfly like his daddy, I'm pretty sure he's going to inherit my sense of humor and sarcasm whom I inherited from, you guessed it, my dad), he'll totally say something like this when he's older. And not to mention, I'm pretty sure, given how my dad and Hayden are with one another right now, that Hayden will do everything to aggravate my dad, and vice versa- something I never see my dad losing.

Even when he gets old and cranky.

Holly

DISCLAIMER: Because I don't want people mad, the above picture was from the mentioned article above on the site, www.hellogiggles.com which is a pretty awesome site co-run by equally awesome Zooey Deschanel. New Girl on Fox, Tuesday's at 8 (I was not paid by Fox to say that, I just really enjoy the show).

2 comments:

  1. OK, while I totally love this and can so see Hayden and your dad in the future, I want to thank you for my new addiction...Hello Giggles!! :)

    Oh, and I also am just assuming that even though Evy is not "blood" and because she calls you Aunt Holly, that she was not categorized in the "every other kid annoys you to no end" comment. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I love that site. It updates all throughout the day with fun little posts. And yes, Evy is one of the lucky ones that does not annoy me. She's lucky she's so cute & sweet LOL

      Delete