Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When the voices in your head take on a mind of their own

I've been prepping for this story, thinking about it non stop. I'm an organized person when it comes to how I want things to go. On occasion I can tend to be a little OCD about it. Take family vacations to Disney World. I plan everything that we are doing down to the hour. What rides we need to be at; when we need to eat- EVERYTHING! It's also the case when I write.

I've got my outline down. I have my characters on paper. Timelines, pictures and lengthy descriptions about some of the places are all out of my head and in my handy dandy notebook. The problem? Once I really start thinking about the story, I see it branching out from my outline. Not that this is a bad thing it just feels like it's out of my control. These characters have taken up residence in my brain and now they want to do what they want to do!

Do I rework the outline? Let the writing go where it may?

To be honest, I haven't even started writing. I'm just in prep mode but if these voices don't stop steering away from where I want them to be, this might be a whole different story!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment