Thursday, September 1, 2011

I have found my voice

It's true. Granted, this voice wouldn't grant me a spot in the Hollywood round of American Idol but it has given me the push I need to know exactly where my novel is going.

Yesterday I had a mini meltdown. I began to really start thinking about my book and the realization of my tense hit me in the side of the head leaving me momentarily knocked out. You all saw the post. Do I write first person? Do I write third? Do I do alternating POV's? Well, I figured out where I stand with all of this talk, thanks to some really amazing women. Some are like me, crafting their very own novels. Some are some really good friends that have been with me since the beginning of my writing journey.

After being able to talk things out, freak out, and lose sight of what I needed to do, the answer sat down upon a golden stool right next to my feet and said, "Hello. My name is Deep Third Person POV. How do you do?"

In my head, even though this particular tense was mentioned by a another female writer, his voice was just as deep as it sounded. Like any good potential date, I researched him. Granted, Deep Third Person doesn't have a Facebook page, but he had all sorts of yummy blog posts written about him. I was in awe! I was in shock! I was suddenly aware that subconsciously, I had already dated him! All of this only reaffirmed where I needed to take my story. With Deep Third Person right by my side.

Of course, now that that little set back has been decided, my outline comes next. Oy. Sometimes I don't think my hand can keep up with my brain. Then again, I'll save that for another blog post.

Deeply in love with "Deep",
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment